The Chair of Building Physics was established in summer 2004 at the Department of Civil, Geo and Environmental Engineering in order to keep abreast with the growing importance of building physics in the building industry.
Since 2014 the chair has been led by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Peter Sedlbauer, who is also head of the Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics (IBP).
The chair focuses on the following areas:
- Calculation models in order to evaluate buildings with regard to building physics
- Energy efficiency in the building sector
- Climate and culture oriented construction (CCB)
- Physiological, psychological and socio-cultural aspects of building physics
- Energetic building modernisation
- Simulation of the thermal and hygric behaviour of buildings
- Building automation (Smart Home)