For admission to come.tum, several technical/scientific requirements have to be fulfilled. Please note that the COME master's program requires a strong background in engineering, structural and/or applied mechanics!
Eligibility for the Master’s Program in Computational Mechanics is demonstrated by:
1. The following degrees:
- a) an above-average Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or comparable programs obtained from a German university;or
- b) an internationally acknowledged above-average Bachelor’s Degree in the programs specified in lit. a) obtained from a foreign university; or
- c) an above-average Diplom, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the programs specified in lit. a) obtained from a German Fachhochschule [University of Applied Sciences]; or
- d) a Diplom, Magister or Master’s Degree in the programs specified in lit. a) obtained from a German university; or
- e) a degree obtained from a foreign institution of higher education which is equivalent to those specified in lit. c) and d);
2. An adequate knowledge of the English language. Follow this link for further information about the possibilities to proof your Englisch proficiency.
3. A proof of very basic German knowledge (if your language of instruction was not German in your previous education). This proof can be a certificate of any German course (any level) of the Goethe Institute or another language school (including your home university). If you cannot proof basic German knowledge during your application, you have to complete a basic German course during your first two semesters at our University. (Here you can find more information)
4. Please take also notice of the additional conditions for applicants with a degree from and Indian or Chinese/Vietnamese/Mongolian university.