In terms of the support provided for internationalization, a distinction is drawn between the following groups of doctoral candidates:
- TUM research and teaching associates
- Scholarship, fellowship or grant recipients with or without a workingplace at TUM.
TUM-GS gives no funding for the following doctoral candidates:
- Doctoral Candidates of HAWs, external research institutes, etc. (also from other authorities, other universities, Doctoral Candidates of the"Landesanstalten")
- Doctoral Candidates of other instututes of TUM ("An-Institute der TUM")
- self financing doctoral candidates
- "Industrial doctoral candidates"
- doctoral candidates with other financing
Doctoral students who are neither employed at the TUM nor receive a classical doctoral scholarship cannot be supported by the regular TUM-GS Internationalization Support. Instead, you have the opportunity to apply in advance for the TUM-GS Internationalization Grant Award of max. 1,600 Euro.
Doctoral candidates who are excellent in their disciplines can apply for this grant for the following:
- A stay for research purposes at a scientific, academic or research institution or within an industrial firm that conducts research in another country
- Presentation of the candidate’s own scientific, scholarly or research findings at international conferences, symposia etc. in another country
- Attending international subject-specific summer/winter schools, workshops, etc.
Please contact email@example.com when planning your stay abroad to discuss the project and the application process for the TUM-GS Internationalization Grant Award.