The Chair of Hydrology and River Basin Management was readopted in the summer semester 2013 by the guidance of Professor Disse. The chair belongs to the Institute of Water and Environment of the faculty of Civil, Geo and Environmental Engineering of the TU Munich.
The assignments comprehend amongst others:
- Flood risk management: Rainfall-runoff modelling, adapted model concepts for mountain regions, flash floods, control of retention storages
- Water and land management with focus on China, India and Ethiopia, integrated water resources management, and remote sensing
- Impact of global change (climate, population development) on water resources and agricultural production
- Transport of water and materials in rural areas: preferential flow, erosion, deposition, particulate solute transport, nutrients, pesticides, simulation and prediction
- Stochastic methods in hydrology
The research activities at the Chair concentrate on the four main areas:
- Integrated Flood Protection Concepts
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Transportation and Mixing Processess in particular in Alpine and Mediterranean catchment areas
- Analysis and Correction of Meteorological and Hydrological Input Data
The Chair of Hydrology and River Basin Management is responsible for the Field of Study 2 (FoS2) 'Water Resources Management' in the Master's Degree Programme Environmental Engineering and offers compulsory and elective courses in the Bachelor´s Degree Programmes as well as in the Master´s Degree Programmes Environmental Engineering and Civil Engineering.