Technical University of Munich
Chair of Hydrology and River Basin Management (Prof. Disse )
- Phone: +49 (89) 289 - 23225
- Fax: fax +49 (89) 289 - 23221
- Room: 2903.02.205
- 06.11.2019 | German habilitation in hydrology, at the Technical University of Munich
- 05.04.2017 | Italian habilitation in Sector 08/A1 Hydraulics, hydrology and hydraulic constructions
- 2007 – 2011 | Ph.D. Degree in Geology, University of Tuebingen, Germany | Thesis: "Transverse mixing of conservative and reactive tracers in porous media‟.
- 2010 | Visiting PhD student at Stanford University, USA. (October – December).
- 2007 – 2009 | Master’s degree in Applied Environmental Geosciences, University of Tübingen | Thesis: “The Relevance of Compound Dependent Dispersion Coefficients for Modeling of Mixing-Controlled Reactive Transport”.
- 2005 – 2007 | Italian-German Double degree program in Physics, University of Tübingen and University of Trento | Thesis: “The Derivative Riemann Problem in Special Relativistic Hydrodynamics”.
- 2002 – 2005 | Bachelor’s degree in Physics, University of Trento, Italy | Thesis: "Electric characterization of BJT silicon radiation detectors”.
- 2021 | Editors’ Citation for Excellence in Refereeing for Water Resources Research
- 01.03.2021 – present | Adjunct Professor of Sustainable Resources Management | University of Innsbruck, Austria
- 07.11.2019 – present | Privat Dozent at the Chair of Hydrology and River Basin Management, Faculty of Civil, Geo and Environmental Engineering | Technical University of Munich, Germany
- 10.2016 – present | Associate Editor Hydrological Science Journal
- 10.01.2021 – 31.12.2021 | Participation to the Flying Faculty Program of the German Jordanian University, Visiting Lecturer
- 01.10.2016 – 30.09.2020 | Professor of Sustainable Resources Management | University of Innsbruck, Austria
- 01.01.2015 – 06.11.2019 | Group Leader at the Chair of Hydrology and River Basin Management, Faculty of Civil, Geo and Environmental Engineering | Technical University of Munich, Germany
- 31.10.2012 – 17.02.2017 | Board member and founder of the Academic spin-off of the University of Trento Smart Hydrogeological Solutions srl | Italy
- 15.04.2011 – 31.03.2015 | Freelance scientific consultant (groundwater risk assessment, groundwater remediation, applied research projects, patent management and application)
- 01.09-2015 – 31.10.2015 | Visiting lecturer at the Department of Civil Environmental and Mechanical Engineering | University of Trento, Italy
- 01.04.2013 – 15.01.2015 | Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Center for Applied Geoscience | University of Tübingen, Germany
- 01.11.2013 – 10.12.2013 | Visiting scientist in the Department of Civil Engineering | Universidad de Chile, Chile
- 21.03.2011 – 20.03.2013 | Post-Doctoral Fellow at the department of Civil and Environmental Engineering | University of Trento, Italy
- Chiogna G., Eberhardt C., Grathwohl P., Cirpka O.A. and Rolle M. (2010), Evidence of compound dependent hydrodynamic and mechanical transverse dispersion by multi-tracer laboratory experiments, Environ. Science and Technology, 44, 666-693. doi:10.1021/es9023964
- Chiogna G., Hochstetler D. L., Bellin A., Kitanidis P. K. and Rolle M. (2012), Mixing, entropy and reactive solute transport, Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L20405. doi:10.1029/2012GL053295.
- Chiogna G., Cirpka O.A., Rolle M. and Bellin A. (2015) Helical flow in three-dimensional non-stationary anisotropic heterogeneous porous media. Water Resour. Res. doi: 10.1002/2014WR015330.
- Tuo Y., Duan Z., Disse M. and Chiogna G. (2016) Evaluation of precipitation input for SWAT modeling in Alpine catchment: A case study in the Adige river basin (Italy), Sci. Tot. Env. 573, 66-82
- Marcolini G., Bellin A. and Chiogna G. (2017) Performance of the Standard Normal Homogeneity Test for the homogenization of mean seasonal snow depth time series, International Journal of Climatology 37 (S1), 1267-1277
- Chiogna G., Marcolini G., Liu W., Pèrez Ciria T. and Tuo Y. (2018) Coupling hydrological modelling and support vector regression to model hydropeaking in alpine catchments Sci. Tot. Env., 633, 220-229
- Bittner, D., Narany, T. S., Kohl, B., Disse, M., und Chiogna, G. (2018). Modeling the hydrological impact of land use change in a dolomite-dominated karst system. Journal of Hydrology. 567, 267-279
- Pérez Ciria T, Labat D, Chiogna G*. (2019). Recent and historical effects of hydropeaking on streamflow time series at multiple spatial and temporal scales in the Adige and Inn River Basins. Journal of Hydrology, 124021
- Bittner, D., Parente, M. T., Mattis, S., Wohlmuth, B., & Chiogna, G. (2020). Identifying relevant hydrological and catchment properties in active subspaces: An inference study of a lumped karst aquifer model. Advances in Water Resources, 135, 103472.
- Matiu, M., Crespi, A., Bertoldi, G., Carmagnola, C. M., Marty, C., Morin, S., ... & Kotlarski, S. (2021). Observed snow depth trends in the European Alps 1971 to 2019. The Cryosphere, 1-50