In the winter semester 2020/21, three scholarships will be awarded in the areas Water and Environment by the Roland Mall Foundation at the Technical University of Munich. The foundation aims to promote talented students who have already achieved or for whom outstanding achievements are expected due to their previous commitments and career experiences. Social and personal circumstances are also taken into account.
Master students in Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering will be given preference.
The professional suitability and personal qualifications of the applicants are decisive for award of the scholarships. A prerequisite is also that the applicants are in need of financial support.
Applicants should be enrolled in the first semester of the Master's Program.
The scholarship awardee will be supported as follows:
- The scholarship amount is 500.- EURO per month.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship corresponds to the regular study time needed to complete the Master’s Degree.
- The start of the scholarship will be at the time of the official scholarship award.
The funding is also subject to the following conditions:
- The student is not receiving any other talent- or performance-dependent material sponsorship, i.e. does not receive any other scholarship.
- Self-declaration as to need, i.e. proof of having received Bafög during the Bachelor study
- Submission of the Bachelor thesis and Bachelor Degree Certificate with Transcript
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae; if applicable also proof of special awards, as well as societal and social engagement; proof of German language proficiency with foreign applicants
- Master study schedule (whole study)
- Willingness to choose a topic for the master thesis covering the spectrum of the company MALL Environmental Systems
If he/she is shortlisted, the student will be evaluated on the basis of a 15-minute talk to be given as part of the application process. The subject should have a professional relation to the respective master course.
The relevant documents are to be submitted digitally (Application documents as 1 complete pdf-document + Bachelor thesis (pdf) extra) to the chairman of the selection committee (Prof. Dr. Brigitte Helmreich, Chair of Urban Water Systems Engineering, Technical University of Munich, Email: email@example.com) by 30st October 2020 at the latest.
The scholarship will be cancelled:
- in case of false information
- in case of gross breaches of the guidelines
- At the end of studies