The group offers various courses about transport planning, transport modeling, road safety, and research design. The courses are taught in english.
The following classes are offered during the winter semester:
- Spatial Modelling: Tools to evaluate planning strategies. This class covers transportation models (trip-based, activity-based and freight models), land use models and models to estimate environmental impacts.
- Transport Sociology and Psychology: This course includes theories and and tools to understand and forecast travel behaviour.
- Object-Oriented Programming for Transport Engineers: This courses serve as an introduction to object-oriented programming in JAVA, with specific applications for transport engineering.
- Service concepts and operation models for new mobility solutions for mixed-use residential developments: Elective course about case studies related with new mobility concepts.
In summer semester the following courses are offered:
- Research Design: How to tackle a Master's Thesis. The course is designed for students who work on their master thesis. Doctoral candidates are welcome to attend this class as well.
- Road Safety Fundamentals: The main goal of the course is to learn about road safety theory and applications.
- Applied Transport Modeling with MATSim: In this course the students apply the agent-based model MATSim to practical examples.