Welcome to the online presence of the chair of traffic engineering and control of Technical University of Munich.
The chair of traffic engineering and control of Technische Universität München deals – in research and teaching – with methods and technologies for collection, description and spatial-temporal management and control of the traffic situation, both for individual and public traffic.
Within Europe-wide cooperation with public authorities, research institutions and companies of the private industry the following topics are dealt with, in teaching and different research-projects, in theory and practice:
- Traffic and environmental data detection
- Modeling and simulation of traffic systems
- Determination and control of traffic demand
- Traffic control in private and public transport
- Integrated and inter-modal traffic management
- Systems technology in transport
- Intelligent vehicle concepts, vehicle-to-x-communication
- Quality management in transport
- Traffic and environment (effects and potentials)
The contents of these research fields are also handled in detail within a further qualifying Master Program Transportation Systems.