Goals of the research group for Urban Transportation and Traffic Signal Control is developing, testing and evaluating innovative, multi-modal measures for influencing transport and mobility in urban areas. In addition to ITS measures, the group focusses also on traffic and mobility management, electric mobility and in particular on traffic signal control.
The main research fields of the group are:
- Local and network wide traffic control by the means of new algorithms and technologies
- Emission-responsive and optimizing systems for traffic signal control
- Vehicle-to-X functions for urban traffic signal control
- Development of new traffic and mobility management measures
- Evaluation of impacts of ITS and traffic management