Phone: +49 89 289 23017
Office hours: by arrangement
- since 2016 | PhD student at the Engineering Risk Analysis Group, Technische Universität München
- 2018 (Jan-Apr): Visiting Researcher at the Advanced Infrastructure Systems Group, Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, USA)
- 2012 - 2016 | Structural Engineer at Ramboll, London and Singapore
- 2011 - 2012 | M.Sc in Advanced Structural Engineering, Imperial College London
- 2010 - 2011 | Structural Engineer at Atelier One, London
- 2008 - 2012 | Diplôme d’Ingénieur (Génie Civil), Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (ENPC), France
- Deterioration processes in structural systems
- Risk based inspection and maintenance planning with Bayesian networks
- Markov decision processes
- Stochastic optimization
- Value of Information
- S18-S19: Lecturer for “Probabilistic life cycle analysis and integrity management of infrastructures”
- S17: Teaching assistant for the lecture “Risk assessment”
- W16: Teaching assistant for the lecture “Risk analysis”
- Master thesis (2019): Sequential decision problems with uncertain observations: Value of Information with erroneous assumptions
- Master thesis (2018): Stochastic methods for policy optimization in a decision problem: Investigating the efficiency of the Cross Entropy method for solving partially observable Markov decision processes (POMDPs).
- Master thesis (2018): Optimizing quality assurance measures for flexible manufacturing scenarios via decision analysis (co-supervision/ Siemens)
- Study project (2018): Cross entropy method and Reinforcement Learning applied to policy optimization
- Master thesis (2017): Stiffness and damage identification by Bayesian updating of a multi-component steel frame under dynamic load
- Master thesis (2017): Optimizing flexible infrastructure designs via partially observable Markov decision processes(POMDPs)
- Bismut, E., Straub, D. Optimal Adaptive Inspection and Maintenance Planning for Deteriorating Structural Systems. submitted to Reliability Engineering & System Safety.
- Bismut, E., Straub, D., 2018. Adaptive direct policy search for inspection and maintenance planning in structural systems. In: Sixth International symposium on Life-Cycle Civil Engineering 2018, IALCCE 2018.
- Bismut, E., Straub, D., 2018.Inspection And Maintenance Planning In Large Monitored Structures. In: Sixth International Symposium on Reliability Engineering and Risk Management, 6ISRERM.
- Bismut, E., Luque, J., Straub, D., 2017. Optimal prioritization of inspections in structural systems considering component interactions and interdependence. In: 12th International Conference on Structural Safety & Reliability, ICOSSAR 2017. pp. 2260–2269.