Office hours: by arrangement
- since Aug 2019: Post-doctoral research fellow at the Engineering Risk Analysis Group, Technical University of Munich, funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Feb-Jul 2019: Research scientist at the Department of Computer Science, University of Tuebingen
- Aug 2013 - Oct 2018: Ph.D. student at the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science
- Aug 2011 - Jul 2013: Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science
- Jul 2007 - May 2011: Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Jadavpur University
- Stochastic structural dynamics
- Uncertainty modelling of structural systems and their excitation
- Advanced Monte Carlo methods for structural reliability assessment
- Bayesian methods for updating reliability and uncertain engineering models using data
- Jan-Apr 2016: Teaching assistant for the "Structural dynamics" course, Indian Institute of Science
- Aug-Dec 2015: Teaching assistant for the "An introduction to finite elements in solid mechanics" course, Indian Institute of Science
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Time variant reliability estimation using combined Markov chain splitting and Girsanov's transformation. Under review.
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Estimation of time variant system reliability of non-linear randomly excited systems based on the Girsanov transformation with state dependent controls. Nonlinear Dynamics, 95, pp 1693-1711, 2019.
- Sonal SD, Ammanagi S, Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Experimental estimation of time variant system reliability of vibrating structures based on subset simulation with Markov chain splitting. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 178, pp 55-68, 2018.
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. State dependent Girsanov's controls in time variant reliability estimation in randomly excited dynamical systems. Structural Safety, 72, pp 30-40, 2018.
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Dynamic series system reliability estimation based on closed loop Girsanov's controls. In Proceedings of the12th International Conference on Structural Safety and Reliability (ICOSSAR), Vienna, August 2017.
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Girsanov's transformation based variance reduced Monte Carlo simulation schemes for reliability estimation in nonlinear stochastic dynamics. Journal of Computational Physics, 341, pp 278-294, 2017.
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Reliability estimation in vibrating structures by Girsanov's transformation with Markov control forces. In Proceedings of the 10th Structural Engineering Convention (SEC), SERC Chennai, December 2016.
- Kanjilal O, Greegar G, Karuna K, Manohar CS and Usmani A. Analysis of heated structures with uncertain properties. In Proceedings of First Inter- national Conference on Structural Safety under Fire and Blast (CONFAB), Glasgow, United Kingdom, September 2015.
- Kanjilal O and Manohar CS. Markov chain splitting methods in structural reliability integral estimation. Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 40, pp 42-51, 2015.