It offered a podium for researchers, practitioners and private sector representatives interested in land governance for equitable and sustainable development. The 2019 Conference looked at land governance through the lens of transformations. I specifically probed the question of "How to support transformations that work for people and nature?" In his Keynote address to the global audience at the conference, Dr. Chigbu discussed the issue to instigate "Transformation through responsible land management: concept and approach". Other personalities who delivered keynote addresses alongside Dr. Chigbu include:
- Prof. Pauline Peters, a social anthropologist and retired faculty member of the Department of Anthropology and the Kennedy School, Harvard University.
- Dr. Lorenzo Cotula, a Principal Researcher in Law and Sustainable Development at the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED).
- Mr. Denis Kabiito, the CEO/National Coordinator of UNYFA-Young Farmers' Federation of Uganda.
- Dr. Cecilia Tacoli, a Principal Researcher at the Institute for Environment and Development.
- Ms. Fridah Githuku, the Executive Director of GROOTS Kenya, a Women Rights Organisation working with organized groups of grassroots women irural Kenya
As part of his role as the Co-Chair of the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN/UN-Habitat), Dr. Chigbu participated in conducting a pre-conference train on "Measuring the Impact of Land Tenure and Governance Interventions: A Guide for Experts and Practitioners" on the 3rd of July 2019. This masterclass presented the Guideline for Impact Evaluation of Land Tenure and Governance Interventions which was developed through a joint collaboration of GLTN, UN-Habitat and IFAD. During this training session, Dr. Chigbu discussed the topic, Guideline for Impact Evaluation: Opportunities in Research and Academia, and link with GLTN Cluster with the participants. In general, this training session underscored approaches to impact evaluation, application in programming and shared best practices towards bridging the gap between theory and practice.