Doctoral Research in Transportation Modeling and Travel Behavior
Since 2015, this research group co-organizes a workshop for doctoral candidates at the Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in January in Washington, D.C. Doctoral candidates conducting research in transportation modeling or travel behavior are invited to present their work and discuss issues and questions they encountered.
Within the Transportation Research Board, the workshop is co-sponsored by the
- Section on Travel Analysis Methods (ADB00), including the Transportation Network Modeling Committee (ADB30), the Transportation Demand Forecasting Committee (ADB40), the Traveler Behavior and Values Committee (ADB10), the Effects of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) on Traveler Choices Committee (ADB20) and the Transportation Planning Applications Committee (ADB50).
- The workshop is also co-sponsored by the Traffic Flow Theory Committee (AHB45).
To present your research at this workshop, doctoral candidates may submit an application in fall of the year before. Those who recently completed their doctoral degree are still eligible to apply.
The application consists of
- A 500-800 word summary of your research including the title and complete author information
- Letter of nomination from your faculty supervisor that explains the significance of the contribution and clearly states the anticipated graduation date
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we regret to inform that this workshop will not take place in January 2021. We hope that we will be able to host this workshop again in Juanary 2022.
There is a long tradition to conduct this workshop on Sunday afternoon of the Annual Meeting of TRB. Since 2015, this research group has co-organized the TRB Doctoral Workhop.
- Doctoral Workshop 2020 (January 12th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Doctoral Workshop 2019 (January 13th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Doctoral Workshop 2018 (January 7th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Doctoral Workshop 2017 (January 8th)
- Doctoral Workshop 2016 (January 10th), co-organized by Dr. Ram Pendyala, Arizona State University
- Doctoral Workshop 2015 (January 11th), co-organized by Dr. Ram Pendyala, Arizona State University